Monday, April 14, 2008

Our Special Trip

Monday finally came! Eve and Sadie have been waiting such a long time for it, because yesterday we got to go on a trip to the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco with Nonna, Stephy, Bernie, Jackie, Angie, and my Aunts Carol and Lynne.
First we went to the Marina for a picnic - don't ask where or what that is, I don't know. I can tell you that it was so windy we had to sit on the baby so she wouldn't fly away. It turned out the wind was entertaining for the kids. I was putting the picnic away when the aunts taught Eve and Sadie how to make their blankets into kites. I didn't get any pictures of Sadie
playing blow blanki
e, but I have a few of Eve. This was their favorite part of the trip.

Here we are waiting for Aunt Carol Anne at Safeway in Benicia, where we picked her up.

And at the Marina...

Preparing that lunch was an olympic sport.


Bernie and Mae


Nonna and Eve


Aunt Lynne and Aunt Carol Anne



Jackie and Sarah


Bernie and Sadie and Libby chasing the seagulls away



And here is Eve playing "blow blankie" as she calls it,






Next we went to the Japanese tea garden which is right near the botanical gardens. We followed a pretty path over bridges and step stones past pagodas, zen gardens, dwarf trees and bushes and beautiful flowering shrubs.
Here are Jackie and Sarah in a tree near the entrance,


Sadie was very proud to be the keeper of the stroller. She was also thrilled that we have the exact same stroller that Aunt Stephy has.


Here's Aunt Carol Anne pointing out the fish in the pond below to Sadie,


Bernie took this picture, so unfortunately she and for some reason, Aunt Lynne aren't in it.



Angie and Eve enjoying Jasmine tea and crackers.

We got out of there just in time to avoid traffic on the way home. What a fun day!

1 comment:

The Brownies said...

What a great idea to get all the girls together like that! I am glad that you had such a good time.