Yesterday was a big day for the Mavy girls. Eve had a dentist appointment with Dr. Jang (who I really love - he's great with my kids), so I left Libby and Sadie with my Mom and my sister Bernie and Stephy's kids, and Eve and I had a special afternoon together. We went to the mall and got ice cream and went grocery shopping together. Eve loved it. She must have told me a dozen times how happy she was that we could spend some time together "just us." She also noted how quiet the car is "without everybody."
After our outing we went back to my Mom's for dinner and then Bernie, her husband Sheridan, Stephy's kids, Angie, Jackie, my girls and I went to see Kung Fu Panda - very cute movie, loved by all, from Libby all the way up to Sheridan. This was my girls' first movie at a theater, and it was quite an event for them. Even Libby was surprisingly entertained until the last song when she started screaming. I think her favorite part was saying "hi" to the people in the row in front of us while sticking her head between the backs of their seats. Luckily there were lots of other kids, so I didn't have to feel too badly about her disruptions. Sadie's comments were the best. At one point, when the Panda landed a particularly satisfying blow on the bad guy she shouted "Good Bear!"
We won't be attending another movie next week, but I'm looking forward to sending the big girls to one with Ben at some point. It's so fun to see your kids totally excited about a treat like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Weird, I wanted that to be our kids first theater movie too but I didn't think Anna would sit still. I would really like to watch it though. I enjoyed the previews :)
I figured I'd be out in the hall with Libby most of the time, but she was pretty entertained and the darkness helped keep her close. Just pick a showing when the theater will be relatively empty :)
How cute of Sadie! I can just hear her saying that!!!
I have been trying to convince Ryan to take RJ, but no luck yet... we will however go to see Wal-E because Josh worked on it.
Post a Comment