Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Life, as usual is roaring right past us. I can't believe how quickly everything changes around here. Eve's reading and adding and subtracting and has an endless supply of interesting questions about the universe. Sadie is learning her letters and their sounds and can add with her fingers. The two of them have a new spelling game - Sadie asks Eve how to spell a word, and if Eve gets stuck, Sadie gives suggestions, "it starts with M," or, "it's spelled SHRY." Liberty is finally starting to communicate a little better, which means less tantrums and more cuteness. Ben has 14 days until the election (thank goodness!), and I have exactly 11 weeks of misery left, assuming this kid gets here on time. Here are a few things that have been keeping us busy and entertained at the Mavy house lately:
Another cute game from Libi, but this one got old for her after a few days. She desperately wants to be able to open the front door so she can follow her sisters when they run out. She's not quite tall enough to reach that magical knob we all use, but she knew how to fix that. She was pretty frustrated when it didn't work out.


We got a kitty this summer from my parents. Those of you who know Ben are probably wondering how this possibly could have happened. We had a vole problem in our garden this summer, I lost at least half my tomatoes to those greedy little mice. Strange did a great job of wiping them out. At times he would bring as many as five voles over the course of a day up to the lawn to play with until he got tired and ate them up. Awesome Cat!!!
He and Libi have a special relationship. Strange takes a lot of abuse from Libi without much fuss. I actually caught them snuggled up together and Liberty was pouring water on him while he cowered next to her! By the time I got the camera out and on, he ran away of course. Here they are playing together.

Eve and Liberty got to go to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party a few weeks ago. It was pure chaos, but they both had lots of fun. I don't think I need to go there again :)
Here are some of my Marigolds from our garden. They're still growing, but I'm too walrusish to make it down there to pick any more. I kept putting off taking a picture of them until I could get the table cleared, but after a few days of that, I decide the heck with it. This is my blog about my life. A clean kitchen table doesn't exist in my world.
Here are all our Apple Buds, hiding from the camera at lunch time. I can't believe how well Sadie is doing in the lessons this year. She's such a thinker, always giving thoughtful answers during our teaching time.
I have a few more things to put on here, but I'm out of time. Maybe I'll get to it this afternoon, or maybe next month.




No comments: