Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day

For the second year in a row, our determination to camp on Memorial Day Weekend was thwarted by a bunch of wusses. You know who you are. (Thankyou, by the way - I was way too exhausted to pack). So, instead of driving up to Leavitt where we like to camp, we stayed in town and partied with Ben's parents, Kip and Timmy and Kimi. What a fun, relaxing weekend!
Of course, what really made it special, and fun, and relaxing, was Ben's return after a week-and-a-half working vacation in WY. That's what he calls it, but it sounded more like work than vacation to me. So, Sunday we had dinner with Kip, the Immies and Chris and Carolyn, then we roasted marshmallows, and Ben and the girls camped on Carolyn's lawn. I got to sleep almost through the night since half the nocturnal population was far far away :)

Ben's responsible for this one. Marshmallows are sticky.

On Monday morning we had breakfast with Chris and Carolyn, then headed out for the Weimar Institute to visit the BIG SWING. What fun!

Sadie enjoyed the swing, but as you can see, she was a little nervous.


Nathan was fascinated by the grass. Just looking at this picture makes me itch, but he didn't get a rash - woo hoo! no grass allergy?

Another of Ben's shots. I should give him the camera more often!
Doesn't Kimi look stunning in her designer pack? ;)

Before Ben got home on Saturday, the kids and I went to the best baby shower I've ever been too! I think this picture sums it up -

Here's proof of Nathan's belly-off-the-floor trick. He's actually straightening his arms now, but you'll have to wait a few more days for proof of that.


Getting to be buds.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Glad we could be of service to your NOT going camping! ;) It looks like you made the most of the beautiful weekend though!