So the title has two meanings this time. We've been reading Laura Ingalls Wilder lately and I'm amazed at the simplicity and the spirit of the Christmas stories in these books. Obviously the pioneers didn't get Target ads in the mail; almost everything was home grown and home made. Laura and Mary and Baby Carrie each got a new pair of mittens, a homemade rag doll, and a stick of store-bought peppermint candy, and yet the day made such a deep impression on Laura that she was able to recall every detail 60 years later and reproduce it for the rest of us to enjoy. Inspired by Laura, and our own little house which can't handle any more junk, I'm making this a Little House Christmas.
I've been wandering around on the web, looking for some good homemade gift ideas for the kids, and I was pleasantly surprised by all the fun ideas out there. Here are a few for the crafty moms who read this -
Rostichery Everything from home-made play food to holder-keepers to a cradle made from an oatmeal box.
Mmmcrafts The cutest monkey doll I've ever seen, plus bunny and kitty dolls to boot. The girl monkey pattern is free.
Oneprettything Make your own ornaments.
Allcrafts Anything else you can think of.
Happy making!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I now have big aspirations. Truth be told I've always been a big talker...not much doing. Let's see if I can change that.
I know you can, Kimi ;)
Had fun reading your blog and looking at the pictures today! Thanks!
Post a Comment