Thursday, December 13, 2007

A fatherless home... temporarily

The idea was to get a family Christmas picture and send it out with our Christmas cards, but Ben took off before dawn yesterday, and he won't be home to take pictures. I'm sure he's not disappointed to miss the annual family portrait-taking. He's out doing mining work (staking claims, taking soil samples...) with our friend who does that sort of thing for a living. He might come home for Sun. and then go back, but he won't be really home until the 22nd. I miss him already. My bed is freezing without him! I had to make Libby sleep with me just so I could get warm.
So last night, I dressed up the girls, pushed the table in front of our sheet-covered slider, put a white table cloth on and just about lost my mind trying to get them to stay still and look at me. Nobody got smacked around, though I have to admit I was sorely tempted. Why do I need yet another picture of the girls in matching clothes? God only knows. There must be a name for this kind of neurosis.
Here's to getting ready for Christmas without a second set of hands! I guess I'll follow Angie Andrade's policy for urgent matters. She was my vice-director in highschool. Every time she got an urgent memo she put it in her desk drawer for a few days, and when she pulled it out, the problem had miraculously solved itself. Not a bad idea.

1 comment:

Olin said...

You know, I think I found out from Maria/ Angie that that secret to their immaculate desks was to put everything out of sight once they left their office for a while. Drawer, seat of the the chair.... :)
Clare