Monday, December 10, 2007

A Long Time Coming

Well, last Saturday, we were all taking it easy. It was a cold morning and we had a nice fire going. It always takes a while to get going when you wake up cold. Then Ben suggested we finish the toddler bunk beds. They still needed to be sanded and sealed which seemed like a huge job, one I wasn't anxious to jump into with three kids on a freezing cold day. We decided we'd just get them in the house and put together, and mess with painting etc. at a later date.

It ended up being a huge pain to get them assembled, and they're not quite square. Ben blames it on Jason, I'll reserve judgment. The kids could care less about perfection, and surprisingly enough they haven't come to me with a single splinter yet.
Ben painted on a smile for the camera. He ran out of the right kind of screws and the heads kept breaking off because the wood was old and hard. Ben's parents gave him a gift card for the wood and instructions for the bunks last year for his birthday... literally one year ago.







I think the girls learned a few new words. At least Ben taught them these for a change.


Well after one last phone call and a few more screws and lowered standards, we finally got them up, and boy oh boy where the girls excited!


The girls now use the beds as a jungle gym. They're usually both on the top bunk playing together, and Sadie has given me a couple heart attacks already. I walk into her room and she'll be standing on the rail of the top bunk or leaning over the edge with that canonball head of hers. I know I'm going to be taking her to the ER soon. That's alright, I never took risks as a kid and even though I avoided broken bones I'm also the biggest clutz around. Hopefully her risk-taking will give her more confidence and and stability.

Here's her first fall about 3 minutes after her virgin climb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being a parent, Being a kid, it's all the same we just think we know more now! LOL
they look Great. We've had to make due with a funky configuration of three beds in the kiddos room, so i know where you're at.
They are Beautiful. Stay POsitive.

Lots of Love, cami*