skip to main |
skip to sidebar
More November, a Little December
I'm still way behind, but here's a little catch-up.
I found a few more vacation pictures. This is Steve's front yard again. Amazing, isn't it?
Steve took all of us out to a great cowboy show with some beautiful cowboy music, jokes and skits. The girls were a little antsy, but overall did well and enjoyed the music and dancing.


Here are a couple cute pictures of the girls singing with Daddy. Libi is definitely the most musical of our girls. She can't help but dance whenever she hears music, and she can actually keep a beat! Her favorite song is Jingle Bells; she inserts "hey!" at every pause, occassionally substituting a "ha, ha, ha" for variety. Even though Eve and Sadie are pretty much tone deaf, we love to sing together and spend time at least once a day making music together. Of course, when Daddy gets his guitar out, or sits down at the piano, the music making is 10 times more fun.

We got pigs! It's a joint venture with the Browns. They've been at Monica and Ryan's place for a while, but Ben and Ryan put together a nicer pen on our flat, and all the kids helped out. They love the piggies, and can't wait to eat them. They keep asking me, "when are we going to turn them into sausage and bacon?"

One of my favorite moments in 2008 was taking the girls to see Santa at the Church party. Eve and Sadie, of their own volition, made Santa some special presents out of scraps of Christmas ribbon, wrapping paper and fake pine. I think Santa was pleased the girls remembered him. While Eve was sitting on Santa's lap, Sadie asked him where his car was parked. Santa pointed to the roof, and Sadie's jaw dropped. "How did it get up there?" she wanted to know. Santa told her he flew it up there. "You can fly? How do you do it?" He reminded her about his eight flying reindeer and his sleigh and esp. Rudolph. Sadie was enthralled to hear it all first-hand. Liberty was not very enthusiastic about the whole thing. Maybe next year. 


We had snow - lots of it! It's been a while now, and I can't remember how many days we had of it, but there were several snow storms. The kids loved it, esp. when they got to play with RJ and Makayla in it. I was less enthusiastic - so much laundry when I was trying to get ready for Christmas and what I thought was going to be an early baby. It was beautiful, though.
And here is Eve's new haircut. I kind of wanted to cut her hair, but I couldn't bring myself to chop of her ringlets, especially when they took so long to grow. She solved the dilemma by doing it herself one Sunday while everyone was napping. Apparently her ponytail holder wouldn't come out on it's own, so she helped it out with a pair of scissors. I woke up to find a fistful of hair in the bathroom trash. I have to admit, it brought tears to my eyes. Eve was heartbroken too when she realized what she had done. She cried for over an hour, and refused to look in the mirror after I trimmed up the sides. It was a good learning experience for her though. We all make errors in judgement. I just hope the biggest ones she makes are while she's young and Ben and I can help her learn from them.
This one sure turned out cute!
And here is one more that I couldn't resist. You probably have to click on the picture to see it well, since it's pretty dark. I didn't want to use the flash, because I knew it would wake them up. Moments like these make being a parent worth all the hard work.
2 comments:
Eve is very photogenic...and you probably hear that she looks like you all the time but I'm going to say it again:)
The pictures of them with Santa are really cute!
Your kids are too funny. Next time you go to Wyoming...can I tag along :) Its so scenic...
Post a Comment