Wednesday, June 10, 2009
The Frog Prince
Eve's theater class finally came to an end. I was SO excited to be done with all the running around! When I signed her up for the class, I thought it was going to be one hour a week and she would learn to sing, deliver lines, and do a little acting on stage. Ha Ha Ha! In May she met twice a week, the first week of June was every day. She had no lines on her own, but she did learn several songs, and is much more comfortable with singing. All in all, I figured she might be interested in being in a play when she's older, and I would just write off the time and effort we wasted dragging a 5 year old to all these silly practices. The play was pretty dang cute, and my feelings were confirmed; the older kids really seem to learn some great skills and have a blast. Eve, on the other hand spent 90% of the play doing this:
Considering the dead pan look on her face throughout the play, I figured she'd be more than happy to try something different this fall, but as soon as we got in the car she said, "Mommy, Annie is the next play. I really think I should be in Annie. Don't you think I should be in Annie? I really think it would be good if I was in Annie." What? I don't know, we'll revisit the issue in September...
Sadie got a big laugh from the audience by shouting, "that's silly!" when the frog ate cake with his face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment