Monday, June 29, 2009

The Orifices Talk

I was reminded today of the importance of discussing orifices with my children when Sadie shouted, "Liberty put a pee-pee treat in her nose!" Luckily, it was a rice crispy, not a pee-pee treat (butterscotch chip), but I didn't know that until I got it out with a combination of tweezers and coaxing Libi to blow her nose. I was kicking myself the whole time for not having the holes talk with Liberty sooner. I could see my day morphing from unpack and clean the house to make a bottle for Nathan, find a baby sitter, sit in a waiting room for hours, hold a screaming child down while sadistic doctors and nurses poke her. Amazing how quickly the day-mare melted away when that lovely little rice crispy popped out. We had a good talk about the holes in our bodies and what they're for, and hopefully that's the end of that until Nathan starts to wonder what a button would feel like in his ear.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

No, it's not going to be a button in the ear, it's going to be a tiny Lego up the nose...just ask Luke...it doesn't feel so hot.

Megan said...

Aren't kids entertaining? Eve put a button up her nose once. Thank Heavens we've been able to remove the foreign objects on our own so far. I hear that the medical procedure is no fun at all.