Saturday, July 11, 2009

Busted

I don't usually like to put stories on here about the kids getting in trouble, because it seems kind of rude, but this one I have to share. A couple days ago, I brought the kids to Grandma and Grandpa's, next door, and they were all whining, so I sent them outside to play. After a while, I could hear Libi screaming bloody murder, so I went out to check, and she was standing on the lip of the bed of Ben's truck, body splayed out on the back window of the cab, and fingers gripping the edge of the roof - hopelessly stuck. I gave her a little swat on her biscuits before I helped her down, and asked the girls what the HECK was going on. Eve told me that Libi was just trying to do what Sadie did. Hmmmmm. Sadie had been climbing on Daddy's roof and sliding down the windshield. I tried to disguise my laughter with a few coughs, but I lost it when Sadie came running over, pulled up her skirt and offered her rear for the inevitable swat. I turned my back to put my stern face on, then told Sadie we'd better go look at Daddy's windshield to make sure she didn't break it. She knew there was a huge crack in it and told me, "I didn't do that; some knuckle-heads broke Daddy's windshield." At that point, I had to go inside and have a good laugh.

4 comments:

vanessa said...

I can't stop laughing. Sadie is so funny!

renee said...

Hmm, sounds like fun times to come with that one ;)Especially when they do something even while knowing the punishment will follow...I've been thinking of putting an assortment of punishments in a hat and just picking one out at the appropriate time...LOL

Megan said...

That's a great idea, Renee! I think I might try that...

Unknown said...

i love how sadie is so very aware of the punishments to come and yet still does what she chooses. you have got some strong minded little women on your hands. ha ha ha