Saturday, August 15, 2009

We went to R.J. Brown's birthday party this past Saturday. What a party!! Monica wins, hands down for best kid party EVER.
R.J. is probably the most agreeable kid you'll ever meet, and that extends to the convenience of picking a new obsession every year. Two birthdays ago it was trains; last year, cowboys; this year, pirates.
When it was time to get ready, I told the girls they could wear whatever they wanted to the party. Eve chose a leotard, Sadie her "Grandma Dress", and Liberty chose her fanciest "Jimmy Jammies." They all wanted braids that stand up like Fancy Nancy's, so I braided some stiff pipecleaners into their hair, which came in handy for keeping their pirate hats on.

First on the party agenda, a treasure hunt with a real Pirate Treasure Map (the hats were in the treasure box).


Then the bucaneers brought their treasure back to the Jolly Roger. Amazing!
Next, a pirate ship pinata!


This was so funny I could barely hold onto the camera. See if you can figure out where Eve's putting her candy.




Now to get it out...


Almost lost that one...And the grand finale - a pirate ship cake!!

But there's more!! What could make a little boy happier than his very own quad?! I hear R.J. and Ryan have already gone quadding (sp? I feel like I'm a traitor to the English language for putting that word in print) together - Ryan on his, R.J. following on his.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised. Monica is very creative. And good for Eve's inventiveness with the make shift pocket :) That looked like an awesome party! Wish I could've been there.

Jeanie/Mom/Gramma said...

Thanks for the fun pictures Megan! It was a Great Pirate Party! AAARRRRGGH!