Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mengang

Liberty recently started calling me Mamma instead of Mommy. For some reason, I don't like it; I want to be Mommy. So, when she called me Mamma yesterday, I said, "that's not my name. You call me Mommy."
"No!" she replied, "you Mengang. I call you Mengang, Mommy!"
I sometimes forget how smart she is since she doesn't speak very clearly. She's a crack up. She gives orders, tries to weasel out of trouble by blaming her sisters, makes jokes and uses cute phrases appropriately. Her favorite mode of communication is the full-bore scream. I guess that's just par for the course for #3.
Nathan is another funny kid. He puts up with an awful lot of loving abuse. I can't imagine what it's like when I'm NOT refereeing.

We're learning the difference between boys and girls. Nathan is crawling already at 5 months. He's very aggressive about going after what he wants. All the kids have loved the Johnny Jumper, but the girls never really jumped in it. They would occasionally bounce a little, but they mostly just enjoyed being upright in the middle of the living room. Nathan actually jumps - all the time. He also gets pushed and pulled by the girls. They seem to think it's a playground swing. They get sent to bed if they do it in front of me, but I have a feeling it happens when I'm milking the goat or doing laundry. Like I always say, it's a good thing kids are made of tire rubber.

5 comments:

vanessa said...

He is so accepting of all their attention. What a cute kid!

Kimi said...

Those girls are so cute! So much fun too :)

Melanie said...

Poor guy! He's so tolerant, but all he wants is his plug and to be left alone! I'm excited to see what the dynamic of your family is when the kids get older!

Megan said...

I have a feeling Nathan will visit serious repercussions on his sisters :)

Renee said...

I think one of the responsibilities of the fourth kid is grow up fast or suffer the consequences :)Adorable video too. Libby sounds like she keeps your life exciting...actually, they all do :) You'll have a book coming out on your experiences right!! ;)