I just got my bread maker working last week. It's been sitting in a cupboard for about 5 years I think. Someone gave it to us, and I tried to use it once. The bread didn't turn out so I blamed it on the machine and went back to doing it the old-fashioned way. Then I got wise and started using the Kitchen Aid to knead the dough, then I had some more kids and quit making bread at all except maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
The breadmaker is AWESOME! The bread is great, it's so cheap it's hardly worth mentioning, and it's easy peasy lemon squeezy!! What a snob I used to be! The one I have can delay bake, so I set it to have hot bread ready for Ben when he wakes up at the ungodly hour of 6:00.
I'm still experimenting with gluten free bread, but when I get that right, I'm going to be one happy woman. The last gf loaf I made was a flop, but it smelled wonderful and looked perfect when I pulled it out of the machine. Libi was ecstatic - "That bread for me? I so proud of you, Mommy!"
Me too, Libi, me too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think the bread maker is a fantastic countertop appliance too! But I blame it for my love handles...the bread is just too yummy with soups :)
Post a Comment