Monday, October 5, 2009

Speed Demons

Yesterday we took the kids next door to play with Big Wheels at Grandma and Grandpa's. I'm not sure if Liberty has ever gone full speed down their driveway before, but she acted like it was old hat. I almost killed myself chasing her down the hill at speeds I had no idea I was capable of. I did save her once, even though Ben thinks I'm a pansy and trying to make our kids into pansies, and Liberty didn't need saving. Once I got her on the right bike I relaxed a little.
It turns out I was right to worry, but I was stressed about the wrong kid. Sadie ended up taking a spill in the creek. Poor kid! Ben still says I'm trying to make our kids pansies.




Eve was very focused on winning. I don't think her sisters cared much who got to the bottom first. Their main concern was feeling the speed.
Poor Sadie!


7 comments:

Sara said...

I remember doing that! So fun! Poor Sadie, does she have any lasting scars?

Megan said...

Luckily only her pride was hurt.

jase said...

I don't think Ben nor I ever managed to crash into the creek. It must take a female driver to manage that.

Jason said...

Awesome. And Paisley is already a wimp of her own making:(

Anonymous said...

Brave girls! Kris tells me the same thing. And I'm starting to realize that me saying "If you do that, you might get hurt" gives the impression that getting hurt is a bad thing.Though I mostly say it just to have my bases covered, "I warned you and you made your own decision "...
Looked like a good spill for Sadie!

Megan said...

Jase, it definitely takes a female driver to be creative enough to use the culvert as a ramp and smart enough to land in the softest, muddiest part of the creek. You guys only wish you could have had the stones to do a stunt like that! :)

vanessa said...

Nice. What memories! Just wait till Nathan is out there egging them on. Bring on the broken bones.